Sunday, April 4, 2010

Reflection to Friday, the 26th


During this unit I felt elated because I confirmed the fact that I was glad I had taken this class. Last year, since I took Mod World, I studied this unit then too, but this year we went more indepth of the material and that made me happy. I felt like I got a lot more insight. A lot more was involved, such as the venn diagram, more powerpoints and in class discussions, plus the splash list where we had to put the events in order from what happened to first to last. That was my favorite. It helped me A LOT, because I'm usually horrible at putting events in order of their occurence. I was surprised to see how much I already knew! I actually ended up mixing up 2 events but I felt prepared for the test already. Plus, we had it written down, rather than hearing it, and I learn better from visuals. Like I said before, because I learned most of this stuff last year, I had most of it clogged up in my memory. But a lot of the details were new. For example, I didn't know that Germany was willing to go to any extent to win the war, such as break the Sussex pledge. It's kind of amusing because in the end it was Germany who was humiliated.
image from www.pbs.org

No comments:

Post a Comment