Sunday, April 18, 2010

Reflection to Wednesday, the 7th


I have never been the greatest fan of giving presentations. I always get nervous, no matter how well I know the material. My voice shakes and I hardly realize I'm speaking too fast, or too quiet. I feel like I'm getting more and more experienced though, and that's another good thing about this clas; it's preparing me for college. The only other class I have had presentations in this year is English. The powerpoint I presented was on Surrealism and works of art by the famous painters Monet, Pissarro, and Renoir. I had heard of these painters before, but only their names. I have always been interested in art, not painting myself, but observing and analyzing. The paintings I studied were absolutely beautiful, especially Renoir's. The colors were very rich, and I love bright colors and seeing how they blend together. I liked the idea of Pissarro's, of painting what he saw, not what he knew. I honestly cannot stand those paintings that are unrealistic, especially if they don't even give a message. Pissarro, Monet and Renoir all painted realistic scenes. I really liked Renoir's "Dance at Moulin de la Galette." All of the people in it seem lively and content, and the colors make me drowsy. I was glad I got to teach the class on art; I learned a lot myself as I was standing up there, making observations and noticing inertesting things I never thought I would in paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment