Sunday, April 4, 2010

Thursday, the 25th

Venn iagrams have always helped me understand the differences and similarities between things, people, or events; I didn't know there was so much in common between the two wars. I learned that both were triggered by either an assassination(s) or "shots." Both had political reaspns/ backgrounds as well, and the main dispute in the wars were over territory. I also had to research on my own on each battle to put information in each circle, so I felt independent in putting my own facts down. For example, the reason for the assassination of Franz Ferdinand was because of tensions between Austria-Hungary and Serbia. I learned the names of significant generals/colonels in Lexington & Concord, such as Smith, who led 700 British Army regulars to destroy the opposing side's military supplies ( he was obviously evil). Both triggers of the war also had secret supporting groups, or orders. I would love it if we had a venn diagram to do for every unit we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment