Monday, May 17, 2010

Reaction to Course

Well, I made it. And surprisingly, I don't feel as if a lot of material was learned again, or that concepts of history weren't overwooked, and I think that's because I've come to love history a lot more than I used to. AP European History has definitely made me a stronger student. It's definitely not your typical AP class, with basically just tough tests and projects, and making kids not want to do the work. I really liked how your projects were fun to do. When I was doing your powerpoints, I'd feel satisfied with myself because as I would rehearse what I would say for presentations, I would be learning about interesting things at the same time. And the material was sooo interesting. I have always been a history person, not American history or gov't history, but European or world history. Sometimes I would get excited when I would learn something funny, for example Louis XIV, like the fact how much he ate for breakfast. Little details we read like that amused me, and sort of made the experience.

I'm also pretty glad about the fact that you would assign lots of presentations. They were, and still kind of are, the bane of my existence, but your class has helped me improve a LOT in them. People said I have been saying "um"s a lot less, I don't look as nervous, and that I sound as if I know what I'm talking about. The last one really makes me happy. I know that once I get to college I should be close to a pro at presenting, (and I still have more than a year to college anyway) so I feel like your class was ideal for my preparation.

Some people asked me why I took the AP course when I took the Honors last year. I know it seemed silly to people, but I think it was smart of me because the stuff we went over again, was basically like reinforced in my memory. Reading the Power of One again was pretty cool too. The tests in AP were definitely tougher than the ones in Honors. I have never been a good test taker, and I can never help being nervous. I definitely had those days in which I was so stressed, I totally bombed the test, but I took those as lessons and just studied harder the next time. My failures really did motivate me and eventually I gradually got better.

Overall, I feel as if my high school education would really be incomplete without your two classes, Maz. Thanks a lot for the experience!! :) :)

And I'm really looking forward to Meeting of the Minds! Being Princess Diana is going to be fun, I've always loved her. It's going to be funny seeing everyone dressed up, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment