Sunday, May 23, 2010

Reflection~ Nuremburg


Overall, I thought this movie was very well done. It depicted the trials pretty much like I imagined them. The actor who portrayed Hermann Goering played the role very well. I honestly grew to hate him. It appalled me to see him in court simply talk casually about the things he did to the Jews and the plans he made as if they were no big deal. He acted as if he was definitely not going to be proven guilty. I liked how the movie added a little twist with the fight in the courtroom turning into a personal battle between Justice Jackson (played by Baldwin) and Goering (played by Cox). It made the plot not so historical and more dramatic. It was nice that there was some romance too. Elsie (Jackson's girlfriend I think?) was supportive of Jackson through the whole film and encouraged him to work his hardest through the trial because she said that "he believed the strongest in his opinions more than anyone else." I'm really glad that in the end justice came through, even though Hermann eventually ended up jus tkilling himself instead of having his rightful punishment. I also liked that one scene, that you(Maz) pointed out, in which one of the woman who was being asked questions was fearless in front of the defendants of war crimes. That made the whole scene 10 times more intense. I would say the acting was the strongest aspect of the film. I was impressed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment